India vs Bangladesh Live: Cheteshwar Pujara Misses First Test century After 1441 Days, Departs In Nervous 90s – The team once again received support from Mr. Reliable Cheteshwar Pujara of India when they most needed it. But because he was dismissed for 90, he was unable to record a Test century. The batter reached the coveted three-figure threshold 1441 days ago. The right-handed hitter bravely navigated a challenging brief span to reach his 34th fifty in the opening Test match against Bangladesh.
Pujara reached his third half-century in Tests in 2022 with this score. This innings was a classic Pujara performance, filled with patience, character, and tenacity. The additional time Rahul Dravid spent in the nets has paid off handsomely for India’s third-ranked player.
IPL 2023 | India tour of Bangladesh 2022 | Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News
On January 3, 2019, against Australia, India’s number three player recorded his last century in a test. Pujara has already played in 28 Tests but has yet to surpass the elusive three-figure barrier. The highest score Pujara had during this time was 91 versus England in Leeds in 2021. The seasoned hitter has participated in 29 Test matches since February 2010 and has amassed 1366 runs at a miserable average of 27.87.
When India lost Shubman Gill early inside the allotted 10 overs, Pujara arrived at the crease. Soon after, KL Rahul was also fired. As Rishabh Pant batted strongly at the other, the seasoned batsman began to protect. By tea on the first day, India had good control of the innings after being reduced to 46 for three.
IPL 2023 Auction | IND vs BAN 2022 | India vs Bangladesh 2022 | India National Cricket Team
IND vs BAN: Make or break series for Cheteshwar Pujara, time running out
- Pujara is getting older slowly. In January 2023, the veteran will turn 35.
- The BCCI selectors have warned Pujara to perform or perish as they have already begun to phase out Ajinkya Rahane.
- This is a make-or-break series for Pujara since players like Abhimanyu Easwaran, Suryakumar Yadav, Prithvi Shaw, and Rajat Patidar are waiting in the wings.
- He spent additional time working out kinks with Dravid for the same reason. The biggest challenge Pujara has faced has been getting out to pacers outside the off stump.
- Dravid and the right-handed batsman discussed that matter. This series will determine Pujara’s future as a Test hitter before a new selection committee takes over in January 2023.
Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah
Follow us on Criclabel Telegram Channel for all the latest Dream11 Prediction, Dream11 Team Today, and Dream11 News